Mission, Vision & Goals
The mission of HELIN is to continually develop and sustain cooperative initiatives to enhance library resources, systems and services for all member institutions.
HELIN aspires to collaboratively lead innovation in library and information services for the enhancement of higher education and learning.
- Make the user’s needs central to the delivery of library systems and services
- Collaborate as a regional and national leader in cooperative and consortia initiatives
- Create efficiencies and reduce redundancies in library systems and sevices
- Provide ongoing and regular professional development opportunities for library staff
- Make the HELIN organizational structure strategic to the needs of its members
- Strategically expand membership options
- Integrate systematic assessment into planning and evaluation
The mission, vision and goals serve as the “outcomes” against which the board designs and thus pursues all initiatives.